Why Office Shredders Provide a False Promise
While that lingering fear of getting your fingers, hair or tie stuck using a small shredder is always present, it’s not the only thing you should be worried about! That office shredder that promises to protect your information is not doing a very good job. The average strip-cut shredders cut documents into strips ranging from 3/32″ to 1/2″. According to privacy standards and past news releases, confidential information is still legible after going through this type of shredder.
BEST Shredding has the most up to date equipment because we understand how important it is that all documents are securely destroyed. BEST Shredding’s mobile shredding trucks:
- Shred paper into particle sized of 2” diameter or less with 1 ¾” screens.
- A Rotary Hammermill technology with 1 ¾” screen
- Throughput 3,000lbs per hour
- Pulverizes the paper into 2” or less diameter shards.
- Turns edges of shards into dust to ensure no reassembly is possible.